Data protection policy Taste Tomorrow registration platform
1. What is this policy about?
This policy applies to the personal data that we process about you as a natural person. This policy does not apply if we process anonymous or business data.
2. Who processes your personal data?
We are Puratos NV, with our registered office at Industrialaan 25, 1702 Groot-Bijgaarden, Belgium and registered in the register of legal entities under the number 0438.632.416, phone number +32 2 481 44 44, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are the 'controller' for the processing of you personal data
3. What do we expect from you?
We expect that you only communicate personal data about yourself to us. If you also communicate personal data about other people to us, then you must ensure that you are entitled to do so.
We also expect that the personal data that you communicate to us is correct and that, if specific data changes, you promptly inform us of this change.
4. Why do we process your personal data
The purposes for which we process your personal data depend on how you enter in contact with us.
You subscribe on this registration platform for our Taste Tomorrow Event (TTE)
- We process your personal data in order to manage your registration for the TTE. Your personal data will also be uploaded in our applications in order to enhance you event experience (eg. it will enable you to check your personal event agenda, particiapate interactively to sessions,...). This processing is based on our legitimate interests.
In any case
- We may process your personal data for the management of compliance and disputes (eg. prevention of unlawful activities, prevention of abuse of the Puratos group's resources, defense of legal claims).
- We may anonimize your personal data and process aggregate data for research and development, based onour legitimate interests (eg statistics about sales, market analysis, development of products/services). The provision of your personal data for this purpose is not a requirement and you can object to this processing (see article 8 below).
- Puratos NV may also process your personal data as a controller, at a group level, for global management and global research, based on its legitimate interests, those of the other group entities and their stakeholders. We believe that this is necessary for the efficiency, consistency and continuity of the Puratos group operations and will contribute to safeguarding and promoting the economic, commercial, social and financial interests of the Puratos group. The provision of your personal data for this purpose is not a requirement and you can object to this processing (see article 8 below).
5. With whom do we share your personal data?
We can transfer your personal data to companies that are a part of the Puratos group, to companies that process personal data in our name and on our behalf (known as ‘processors’), to third parties when there is a legal obligation to do so, to our commercial partners, and to the police or judicial authorities at their request if they are entitled to request the personal data.
6. Is your personal data transferred outside the European Union?
We can transfer your personal data to countries outside the European Union, including the United States. Each transfer will be based on appropriate safeguards (adequacy decision and/or standard data protection clauses of the European Commission). If you would like to know how to obtain a copy of the appropriate safeguards, you can contact us at the address stated above (article 2) or via email@example.com.
7. For how long is your personal data retained?
Your personal data is retained for as long as you are in contact with us (e.g. you ask information, subscribe to our events) and for up to maximum 10 years after the end of this relationship.
8. What are your rights?
You can contact us to exercise the following rights, in accordance with the conditions laid down in the applicable legislation:
- Withdrawing your consent for the processing of personal data, to the extent that the processing of your personal data was initially based upon your consent.
- Seeking access to, or any correction, deletion or restriction of your personal data.
- Objecting to any processing for direct marketing and/or any processing based on the legitimate interests as processing ground (such as research, development and improvement of our products/services).
- Seeking the portability of your personal data, which you have communicated to us.
You can exercise some of these rights via the settings in your personal account with us (if you have such a personal account).
You can exercise all of these rights by contacting us at the address stated above (article 2) or via firstname.lastname@example.org.
You also have the right to file a complaint with the competent data protection authority.