I am what I eat! Many consumers see food as an expression of themselves. They long for food that is adapted to their wishes; the more personal, the better. The Taste Tomorrow survey shows that consumers are very curious about bread, patisserie and chocolate adapted to their own nutritional needs. Get their spirits high with this recipe for hyper personal moodballs.
Hyper personal: food adapted to your own nutritional needs
The latest survey reveals nine key worldwide trends. One of these trends is ‘hyper-personal’. We are beyond personalised birthday cakes; personalisation has advanced from some basic adaptations to 3D finishing and ingredients adapted to your nutritional needs.
The Moodballs in this recipe allow your guests to choose the mood they wish to experience. You can give these Moodballs different flavours by combining ingredients that positively influence your guests' well-being. For example, offer them a healthy feeling by infusing the ganache with lavender, ginger and basil, or mix marjoram, chamomile and mandarin to give them a relaxed feeling. Discover the other moods in the recipe below.
Nuts Crispy Praliné
- Sugar 150 g
- Zusto (sugar replacer) 150 g
- Water 75 g
- PatisFrance Hazelnut or Almonds 450 g
- Nuts Praliné (see above) 750 g
- Belcolade Noir Selection Cacao-Trace 110 g
- Belcolade Lait Selection Cacao-Trace 90 g
- Belcolade Pure Prime Pressed Cocoa Butter 50 g
Infusion per kg of ganache
Yellow - Fresh feeling
- Cream (35%) 360 g
- Dextrose 85 g
- Glucose 40 g
- Sorbitol 80 g
- Belcolade Origins Noir Vietnam 73 Cacao-Trace 370 g
- Belcolade Lait Selection Cacao-Trace 25 g
- Butter 40 g
- Cinnamon stick 12 g
- Tarragon fresh 22 g
- Rosemary fresh 16 g
Green - Healthful feeling
Orange - Wholesome feeling
- Lavender dried 4 g
- Ginger fresh 14 g
- Basil fresh 8 g
Red - Vigorous feeling
- Mint fresh 14 g
- Thyme fresh 14 g
- Cloves dried 10 g
Blue - Relaxed feeling
- Bay leaves dried 12 g
- Oregano fresh 15 g
- Rosehip dried 22 g
- Marjoram fresh 13 g
- Chamomille dried 18 g
- Mandarin peel 20 g
This is Puratos product. For more information check www.puratos.com or contact your local Puratos
Nuts Crispy Praliné
- Mix the sugar, the zusto and water in a pan and heat the whole to 118 ̊C.
- Add the nuts and sand the whole.
- Bring back over the heat and caramelise the whole mixing continuously with a spatula.
- Leave to cool down on a silicone sheet.
- After cooling, grind the whole with a robot cutter until a fine paste is formed without having to heat it too much.
- Mix all the ingredients and temper at 26 ̊C.
- Pipe into pre-coated with Belcolade Noir Selection Cacao-Trace chocolate demi spheres. Leave the praline to crystallise.
- Warm the cream, the dextrose, the glucose and the sorbitol to 85 ̊C.
- Pour on the Belcolade Origins Noir Vietnam 73 chocolate. Mix until well blended and then add the butter when the ganache is around 33-35 ̊C.
- Pipe the ganache into demi spheres that are coloured with natural colours and pre-coated with Belcolade Noir Selection Cacao-Trace chocolate.
- Leave the ganache to crystallise for 12 hours in a room at 16 to 18 ̊C and an average humidity rate below 60%.
- Glue the 2 different demi spheres moulds together with chocolate and leave to set. Demould.
- Boil the cream from the recipe ‘Ganache Vietnam’ and add the dosage of herbs mentioned (use only one). Cover it with plastic and leave to rest for 15 min.
- Sieve out the herbs, rescale the liquid.
- Add some milk to obtain the same weight as in the beginning.
- Follow the process to make the ganache Vietnam using this infused cream in the recipe.
Interested in this recipe?
Let your customers devise their very own personal moodballs! Thanks to the help of a chatbot, the power of personalisation is transferred directly into the hands of the consumer. Experience it for yourself.
Several chocolates from the Belcolade range are included in this recipe, all with exceptional and differentiating taste profiles.
Interested in trying out this recipe yourself?