Consumers increasingly want to make ethical food choices, because ‘you are what you eat’. Food should not be just good for themselves, but also for the planet and for future generations. We call this the ethical lifestyle trend, which is one of the nine global trends revealed by the latest Taste Tomorrow survey. This recipe for DIM’s fits perfectly within this trend.
Care for the planet, people and food for future generations
An ethical lifestyle can be pursued in many ways, such as by using sustainably produced products, by limiting plastic packaging and by using zero waste packaging. Animal welfare and locally sourced food are also important, as are preventing or reducing food waste (these five concepts do this in a brilliant way). But making ethical food choices also relates to dishes with natural and sustainable ingredients.
That’s why we developed this DIM’s recipe for you. It fits perfectly within the ethical lifestyle trend, but also in the craft trend and the transparency trend. This gluten-free dessert, shaped like dim sum, is made with natural and sustainable ingredients. It’s an explosion of textures and flavours with the freshness of a pineapple brunoise with lime, ginger and fresh coriander.
Praliné rice Crackers
- Rice chili crackers 200 gr
- Roasted sesam 15 gr
- Pralirex hazelnut 50 gr
- Belcolade Blanc Intense 40 gr
Vietnam 45% chocolate creamy
- Rice flour 68 gr
- Icing sugar 202 gr
- Gratted coconut 105 gr
- Almond powder 240 gr
- Granulated powder 100 gr
- Egg whites 315 gr
- Orange zest 6 gr
- Pure Coconut cream 100 gr
- Belcolade Origins Vietnam 45% 68 gr
- Belcolade PPP cocoa butter 5 gr
Thai pineapple brunoise
Tofu lime mousse
- Fresh victoria Pineapple (brunoise) 150 gr
- Lime zest 1 gr
- Fresh ginger (grated) 2 gr
- Chopped fresh coriander leaves 4 pcs
- Mango puree 80 gr
- Passion fruit juice 20 gr
- Lime juice 10 gr
- Sugar 10 gr
- Pectin NH 1,5 gr
- Fresh cream 35% 300 gr
- Tofu natur 240 gr
- Sweet soya sauce 30 gr
- Lime zest 4,5 gr
- Belcolade Blanc Intense 315 gr
- Gelatin powder bloom/zilver 10,5 gr
- Water 52,5 gr
- Whipped cream 35% 495 gr
This is Puratos product. For more information check www.puratos.com or contact your local Puratos
Praliné rice Crackers (7 gr)
Coconut biscuit (1 tray 40x60 cm)
- Blend everything together in the food processor.
- Roll out between 2 paper sheets till 3 mm. Let it set.
- Cut rounds of 5 cm.
Vietnam 45% chocolate creamy (8 gr/insert)
- Sift all powder, except the granulated sugar.
- Whip the egg white with granulated sugar until you get a firm texture.
- Fold in, powders and orange zests.
- Spread on baking tray 40x60 cm.Bake 10-12 min at 180 ̊C, close damper.
- Cool down and cut round of 4,5 cm. Reserve it.
- Warm the coconut cream to 60 ̊C, pour on the chocolate and mix.
- Mold 8 gr in flexipan half sphere Demarle ref/1489.
- Let it set in fridge, then add the pineapple brunoise on top.
Thai pineapple brunoise (10 gr/insert)
Tofu lime mousse (55 gr/mold)
- Mix all together except sugar and pectin.
- Bring to a boil by adding the sugar/pectin mix at 60 ̊C.
- Mold in flexipan half sphere Demarle ref/1489 on top of the Vietnam chocolate cream.
- Dispose a layer of biscuit then freeze.
- Soak gelatin in water.
- Warm the fresh cream at 80 ̊C, pour over tofu, lime zest and chocolate.
- Add melted gelatin and blend using hand mixer.
- At 27-28 ̊C, add the whipped cream.
Interested in this recipe?